Consult a Sexologist Online
Sexual health is an essential component of good health. Sexual health disorders are highly prevalent in the general population, though sexual dysfunction issues are usually not reported due to stigma and hesitation associated with it.
About Sexual Dysfunction
Sexual Dysfunction denotes the psychological, emotional or physical issues that prevent the individual /couple from experiencing satisfaction during sexual activity.
Types of sexual dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction is classified as below
|Desire disorders or libido disorders||Lack of interest in sex|
|Arousal disorders||Difficult/ Impossible to become physically aroused during sexual activity|
|Orgasm disorders||Delay or absence of orgasm|
|Pain disorders||Pain during intercourse|
Symptoms of Sexual Dysfunction
Both men and women can present with a lack of interest in sex, difficulty to arouse, and pain during intercourse.
Symptoms in Men
Symptoms of sexual dysfunction in men
|Inability to achieve or maintain a full erection||Erectile dysfunction|
|Early ejaculation or Delayed ejaculation||Premature ejaculation|
Symptoms in Female source
- Inability to achieve orgasm (common)
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication
- Pain during intercourse
Causes of sexual dysfunction
- Medical conditions
- Certain medication side effects
- Hormonal imbalances
- Psychological issues such as depression, anxiety, etc
Management of Sexual Dysfunction
The treatment includes stress management, psychological counseling, sex education, avoidance of risk factors (smoking, alcohol), correction of underlying cause and medications under the supervision of the doctor.
Sexual wellness is a state of complete physical, emotional, mental and social well-being related to sexuality. Practicing sexual wellness leads to an enriched quality of life and a greater sense of well-being.
Advice for Healthy Sexual Life
Getting vaccinated to prevent infections such as Hepatitis B and Human Papilloma Virus is important.
Adopting suitable birth control measures to prevent unwanted pregnancies and complications that can follow.
The following measures can be adopted
- Avoid holding urine for a long duration
- Females should clean the vagina from front to back after urination
- Clean up after the act of sexual intercourse
- Drink plenty of oral liquids
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco chewing, and caffeine
- Opt for a high fiber diet
- Maintain personal hygiene
Why is sex education important?
Sex education is an important need of the hour owing to the adoption of a modern lifestyle. It should begin right from the school going age group.
- To make children and adolescent understand the body structures of men and women
- Acquire knowledge of gender and sex
- Responsibility and respect of oneself and others
Adolescents and young people need to be educated properly as they are involved in risky sexual behaviors with a lack of contraception. Thus, they are rendered more susceptible to adverse outcomes such as gender-based violence, gender inequality, early and unintended pregnancies, HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Sex education helps them avoid such pitfalls.
If you are an adolescent or have any sexual health-related issues, do not hesitate to talk to a Sexologist. We are committed to keeping the Patient’s information confidential at DocOnline.
Sexologists, endocrinologists or urologists may help treat erectile dysfunction based on the cause.
Sexologist or a specialist depending on the cause of the problem.
Yes, 100% confidential.
Educate yourself, exercise regularly, medical screening and don’t hesitate to ask for help from a doctor.
Looking for a Doctor Advice?Schedule Appointment
Download the DocOnline App
- Live Chat with Doctors
- Book Doctor Appointment Online
- Speak to a Doctor within 15 Minutes
- Consult doctors via Audio/Phone Call & Video
- For You + 3 Family Members
- Store health records
- Read health tips
- Order Medicines Online & Get Lab Tests Done Easily