Ask a Sexologist Online
WHAT IS SEXUAL WELLNESS?
Sexual wellness is a state of complete physical, emotional, mental and social well-being related to sexuality. Sexual wellness mandates a healthy as well as safe approach to healthy, fulfilling and meaningful relationships. Being forewarned is forearmed. It is important to be aware of safe intercourse practices and maintain proper sexual hygiene. Practicing sexual wellness leads to an enriched quality of life and a greater sense of well-being.
WHY IS SEX EDUCATION IMPORTANT?
Sex education is an important need of the hour owing to the adoption of modern lifestyle. It should begin right from the school going age group. Adolescents and young people need to be educated properly as they are involved in risky sexual behaviors with lack of contraception. Thus, they are rendered more susceptible to adverse outcomes such as sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and unwanted pregnancies. Sex education helps them avoid such pitfalls.
If you are an adolescent or have an adolescent at home, speak to them and in any unwanted scenario, do not hesitate to talk to a Sexologist.
WHAT IS NECESSARY FOR SEXUAL WELLNESS?
Getting vaccinated to prevent infections such as Hepatitis B and Human Papilloma Virus is important.
Adopting suitable birth control measures to prevent unwanted pregnancies and complications that can follow, either due to the pregnancy or due to termination procedures such as infections, blood loss etc.
The following measures can be adopted:
- Avoid holding urine for long duration.
- Females should clean the vagina from front to back after urination.
- Clean up after the act of sexual intercourse.
- Drink plenty of oral liquids.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco chewing and caffeine.
- Opt for a high fibre diet.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
Looking for a Doctor Advice?Schedule Appointment
Download the DocOnline App
- Live Chat with Doctors
- Book Doctor Appointment Online
- Speak to a Doctor within 15 Minutes
- Consult doctors via Audio/Phone Call & Video
- For You + 3 Family Members
- Store health records
- Read health tips
- Order Medicines Online & Get Lab Tests Done Easily